Monday 13 October 2014

Jetlag

As I mentioned in this post – HONEYMOON!

We’re back now and we had the most amazing time. Honestly it was fabulous and we did and saw so much (which made it seem like we were away for a lot longer than we were (which was pretty long anyway at almost three weeks)).

However, currently I am busy recovering from the jetlag – Oh my holy hell, the jetlag – I think I’ve broken my body clock forever. I haven’t slept properly since we got back on Friday morning (and barely slept on the plane). Today was my first day back at work – I have REALLY suffered, as I spent almost the entirety of last night lying awake, for the third night in a row.

I have had bouts of insomnia / sleeplessness throughout my life, but never have I been so goddamn tired and yet completely incapable of sleeping. I think it’s fair to say I am a bit of a drama llama about not sleeping (understatement, I am an utter nightmare if I don't get my eight hours), but I honestly don’t know how people who travel frequently between the UK and US do it – I think it would actually ruin me. I am clearly not suited to the jet set lifestyle, that's for sure (finally a plus in favour of not being crazy-wealthy - hurrah!), and I am now likely live in fear of being sent to the US with work.

If I don’t sleep tonight I’m going to cry. There may be a fully blown tantrum. But eventually – when I’m no longer having an out-of-body experience due to tiredness – I will get my act together and do a proper post, with photos of things we saw/did and EVERYTHING. Right now though I don’t have the energy to sift through the 1500+ photos (yes, we took that many) to find those worthy of sharing.

If anyone has any jetlag related advice in the meantime, I am ALL ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment